BECOME A CHAPLAIN
WANT TO SUPPORT AND CARE FOR YOUR LIFE SAVING COMMUNITY?
– To serve as a chaplain for a minimum of three years or unless otherwise instructed by the LSCA Board or the particular Life Saving club they serve.
– To become a member of the Life Saving Club they wish to serve and obtain from the club a Working with Children Blue Card or Working With Children Check.
– To become a member of Sports Chaplaincy Australia for the duration of their role as a Life Saving Chaplain.
– To complete the free 2 hour online Level 1 – Certificate in Sports Chaplaincy with Sports Chaplaincy Australia.
– To complete the Level 2 – Certificate in Sports Chaplaincy with Sports Chaplaincy Australia within one year of being appointed to a Life Saving Club as chaplain.
– To be actively involved in club activities, where physically able, thereby becoming an active part of the club community.
– To show due respect to each members persuasion of faith or beliefs, and encourage members to continue attending their own church unless they wish to do otherwise.
– To be available to speak to any members wishing to speak about spiritual issues.
– To exercise confidentiality of members at all times.
– To always show unbiased care and attention without discrimination toward all members.
– To always serve as a volunteer within the club and adhere to the clubs Code of Conduct.
WHY WE NEED CHAPLAINS
WE WANT TO SERVE AS MANY CLUBS AS WE CAN
Our vision is to see a chaplain serving in every Life Saving community in Australia.
PEOPLE NEED QUALITY SUPPORT DURING TOUGH TIMES
Times can get tough serving as a Life Saver. Critical incidents, personal challenges, family hardships all matter.
YOUR TIME WILL MAKE A GENUINE DIFFERENCE
Time for people is our commitment. We deeply value grace and mercy invested back into our Life Saving communities.
WE ALWAYS BELIEVE IN TEAM
Genuine, trusted people serving Jesus as chaplains is our network’s highest priority.